YMCA Cape Cod
Good people doing good things + creative designers doing some pretty fantastic stuff = one really fun and functional site.
Let us introduce you to the Cape Cod YMCA
Established in 1966, the YMCA Cape Cod continues to change lives for the better. With programs focusing on healthy living, social responsibility and youth development, the YMCA Cape Cod truly lives its core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
Why YMCA Cape Cod came to Design Principles
When an RFP came our way to redesign and develop the YMCA Cape Cod’s website, we jumped on the opportunity. Luckily, the feeling was mutual and we got right to work to develop a site that would allow the YMCA Cape Cod to manage their own content, fit the brand identity guidelines established by their corporate offices and help increase their membership.
Our entire team is a fan of the YMCA Cape Cod’s site. We built this puppy on WordPress and maximized its open-source ability to customize widgets and posts to build the perfect site for the YMCA. Here’s a quick look under the hood:
- Photo and video galleries with custom lightboxes to jump to different galleries
- An “Important Message” widget that shows up on all pages with just the click of button on the backend. (This is incredibly helpful for the Y to get important information out to their members)
- Fully-editable rotating photo slideshows available on each individual page
- Mega-menus with unique side-sliding secondary navigation
- Social media widgets to encourage traffic to Facebook and Twitter
In addition to the website, we created a custom welcome page for Facebook and a Twitter background to help enhance the new branding. The response? Absolutely awesome
The Bottom Line
After the launch of the new site, YMCA Cape Cod saw a huge increase in their community engagement and support. In just a few months, they launched an e-newsletter campaign, gained over 20 new subscribers a month, over 200 fans on Facebook and even garnered new followers on Twitter.